Breakfast Challenge Grants are currently closed
SY17-18 Breakfast Challenge
All Missouri schools are encouraged to participate in the Breakfast Challenge, and all participating Missouri schools will be eligible for incentives based on increases in breakfast participation. Thanks to our partners at Share Our Strength and the Midwest Dairy Council, schools who participate in the SY17-18 Breakfast Challenge will be eligible for incentives of up to $4,000. Consideration for incentives will begin with an increase of at least 20% in average daily participation (ADP) for breakfast. Click here to register for the SY17-18 Breakfast Challenge.
Hear from Missouri Educators about how Breakfast After the Bell is changing the way schools look at breakfast!
Breakfast Challenge Reimbursement Grant
In addition to incentives, No Kid Hungry Missouri is pleased to offer a competitive reimbursement grant of up to $3,000 to individual eligible Missouri schools. The reimbursement grant will be provided to offset the costs associated with implementing a new Breakfast After the Bell program or enhancing an existing Breakfast After the Bell program.
Schools that apply for the reimbursement grant will be automatically enrolled in the Breakfast Challenge. Participating schools will compete with each other throughout the school year to achieve the greatest increases in breakfast participation.
Eligibility requirements for $3,000 reimbursement grant:
- School must be located within Missouri state boundaries
- School must be participating in the National School Lunch Program
- School must be in good standing with the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- School must have sixty percent (60%) or more student population eligible for free or reduced price meal
- School must commit to implementing breakfast after the bell on the first day of school in fall 2017
Directions to apply for $3,000 reimbursement grant:
- School must supply a letter of support from the school principal
- School must meet eligibility requirements listed above
- Complete and submit the No Kid Hungry Missouri Breakfast Challenge with the letter of support from the
school principal by April 30, 2017.
A brief letter of support from the school principal must accompany the application to be considered for the reimbursable grant. The letter should contain the principal’s contact information, a brief statement of goals for implementing or enhancing the school’s breakfast after the bell program, and a quantitative target percentage increase in breakfast participation for the school. You may send the letter to email@example.com.
Please call 573-632-2488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.